Melton City Libraries is proud to present our annual Short Story Competition, now entering its 18th year. This is a great opportunity for your budding creative students to showcase their talents and have their work reviewed by a popular author.
Entries are now open.
Here is some key information:
- The short story can be presented in any format, including text, illustrations, video, verse, voice, or a combination of any of the above.
- Written entries should be no more than 1500 words for juniors (Prep – Year 6). For other story formats, aim for something that takes no more than 5 minutes to experience.
- One entry per person.
- The author’s name must NOT appear on the submitted work.
- Prizes are awarded to the best entries in the Junior category.
- A cash prize for the local school with the most student entries submitted in the Junior category.
- Entries close at midnight, Friday 14 July 2023.
- All entries must be submitted online at www.melton.vic.gov.au/shortstory.
- This year, our judge for the Junior category is Michael Wagner
More information can be found on our Melton City Libraries website.